Around 600AD the Saxons called our village "Brocwurthin"- the "wurthin" (enclosure) by the "broc" (brook).
St George's Church was built by the first resident Norman - Lord of the Manor, Roger de Chandos. In 1142 it was consecrated and became one of the earliest churches in England to be dedicated to St George. About 1846, the church was renovated at a cost of around £800.
Brockworth Court was first inhabitated by John Guise, the new Lord of the Manor, in 1540. It had just been completed by Richard Hart, the last Abbot of Llanthony Priory.
Brockworth Court Tithe Barn was built around the 15th Century and the size of the barn indicated the wealth of the Lord of the Manor at the time - Llanthony Priory.
Brockworth Mill and Mill Farm were situated at the intersection of Mill Lane and Horsbere Brook. The Doomsday book of 1086 records a corn mill in Brockworth. In 1863 Witcombe reservoir was built and hence the Mill stopped working and fell into neglect.
Abbotswood Farm is situated on land once owned by the Abbot of Gloucester, hence there was the Abbot's Wood at Bocholte.
Droys Court was on land rented to Henry Le Droy by the Abbot of Gloucester in 1260.
Castle Hill has never been proved to have had a Castle on top of it.
Cooper's Hill is the venue for the famous Cheese Rolling which started about 2000 years ago to maintain the grazing rights on Cooper's Hill common.
Ermin Street was built about 2000 years ago by the Romans to connect Gloucester to Cirencester. In 1698 it became the third turnpike ( toll ) road in England.
Green Street is also an ancient road ( salt way )thought to have been used to transport salt from Droitwich to the Cotswolds.
Gloucester Business Park used to be an airfield where the first British jet engined aircraft (Gloster E28/39) took flight. It was developed to test the new Whittle jet engine in flight, the test results would influence the development of an operational fighter, the Gloster Meteor.